Preferred Contracting & Restoration is a highly Skilled Concrete contractor that specializes in concrete removal and replacement for industrial commercial & residential concrete projects serving the twin cities. We do all types of concrete flatwork including broomed concrete, stamped and colored applications. We specialize in patios, sidewalks, driveways and monolithic garage floors. We are your 1# choice for concrete construction. Contact us today - for a free quote. Prices range from $7-$18 per sq. ft.
At Preferred Contracting & Restoration Inc, all work will be completed in a skillful and professional manner according to standard practices. All of our employees are trained to prepare, set up, place and finish concrete to the highest of industry standards. We strive to keep up to date on the latest products and techniques as well as work with our suppliers and concrete producers to provide you with the highest quality materials. We take great pride in our work and will do everything we can to satisfy you as a customer.
The following information provides some of the common issues that you can expect when working with concrete and provides suggestions on customer care and usage. Notice is given that all repairs are promised to return to it's as built integrity, not to its as-built appearance.
Concrete can be damaged by many factors beyond our control. Damage from wear and tear, de-icers, chemicals, equipment, vehicles and other things are out of our control and are not covered by this Limited Warranty. Preferred Contracting is not liable for repair conditions caused by misuse or abuse, ground settlement, winter conditions, accidents or mother nature.
This warranty does not apply to, and is waived by the homeowner to any construction work that has been subjected to an accident, misuse and/or abuse, nor does it apply to any construction work that has been modified, altered, defaced, and/or had repairs made/attempted by the homeowner or others.
This Limited Warranty expires one year from the date of completion of the project.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
CRACKS - Concrete will crack. We don't like it either but it will happen so we cannot guarantee that concrete will not crack, even in spite of all precautions having been taken. If a crack appears, we may be able to assist in the prevention of further cracking. The industry standard for repair or replacement for cracked concrete is greater than ¼” of an inch displacement either in height or gap. Cracks that exceed ¼” of an inch in height or gap may warrant repair or replacement. If we determine that repair or replacement is required, we will replace or repair only the affected area. Repair of concrete cracks with caulk or mortar will be considered an acceptable form of repair. Surface or hairline cracks may not be covered. Top coats and caps over existing concrete are not covered.
FLAKING or POPPING: While concrete is very durable, it is not always without flaws. Harsh weather may cause the surface of your concrete to flake or pop off. It is possible that a stone or stones close to the surface will be exposed but such exposure will not compromise the integrity of the slab. We are unable to warranty any damages caused by harsh weather/mother nature. The industry standard for repair or replacement for flaking or popping concrete is a minimum of 20% of the total work area being affected. Depending on the issue, we may warranty flaking or popping concrete if 20% or more of the total work area is affected. If repair or replacement is required, we will repair or replace only the affected area.
DISCOLORATION: It is NOT possible to match the color of your existing porch, sidewalk, driveway, etc. Sometimes different pours on larger jobs are subject to variation in color. Color variations are minor and may fade within time. If you are considering replacing only a section or sections of an existing driveway, patio or sidewalk, please be aware that a color difference is very likely (newly poured section vs. older section). It may be very noticeable and may take years to blend together. Gray Concrete can make no warranty that our work will match your existing product.
Colors on a computer screen or a brochure are just a representation of results and should not be relied upon for the final color of your project. Despite our best efforts, minor discoloration can still occur. There are a variety of different factors (such as: variations in slump, cement type/brand, finished texture, timing of operations, the curing process, choice of release agents, surface treatments, humidity and other weather conditions, age of concrete, etc.) that can and may produce distinct variations in color appearance. Color variation is not covered by this warranty.
SHIFTING and SETTLING: It is common for driveways, sidewalks, porches, patios and garage floors to have some cracking or shifting over time. This is not necessarily a sign of poor workmanship. There is no way for us to prevent sub-grade settling, underground root growth or shrinkage of the subsurface layers. We CANNOT warranty against settling because the sub-grade level is beyond our control.
FROST HEAVE and CRACKING: Through winter there are many freeze-thaw cycles. During these events your concrete is likely to heave but will also most likely settle back to its normal elevation again. However, your concrete is susceptible to cracking during the frost heave event. Cracking related to frost heave is not a warranty issue.
FINISHES: Interior surfaces are generally finished smooth (basement floor, garage, sometimes porches and patios). A smooth finish allows for easy maintenance. Please be aware that smooth finishes are slippery when wet. Exterior concrete such as walks and driveways are broom finished. A broom finish is less slippery and designed to be walked upon even when wet. Stamped surfaces and stained surfaces are sealed to help maintain the beautiful characteristics of the color and design. The sealer used will cause a slippery surface when wet. Please view the information provided below regarding the use and importance of sealers. Stamped or stained services will require maintenance, how frequently is out of our control.
THE DO NOT'S:
1) Do not drive on "new" concrete for at least 7 days.
2) Do not allow water to drain beneath the slab as this may cause settlement cracks.
3) Do not use salt or other de-icing chemicals on the concrete (This is especially harmful during the first winter). If at all possible, hose off your car of any street salt before parking on concrete.
4) Do not allow your dog's urine (on your decorative concrete) to cycle through the numerous freeze-thaw cycles during the winter. Dog urine is extreme acidic and can cause damage to your decorative concrete. We recommend cleaning it as soon as you witness it.
RE-SEALING DECORATIVE CONCRETE:
It is important to note that we do not warranty sealer related failures. Surface maintenance is out of our control as heavy traffic, heavy use and severe weather may and can negatively influence the performance of the sealer. The care and maintenance of decorative concrete is the homeowner's sole responsibility. The frequency with which you should reseal your concrete will depend on the area’s exposure to cars, foot traffic, and any chemicals the decorative concrete is exposed to such as chlorine, salt water, stabilizer and the like.
We highly recommend that stamped concrete projects be kept clean and resealed every other year or as needed. The longer you wait, the more likely you may notice the surface color fade slightly. Keeping a fresh coat of sealer will protect and keep the color as vibrant as the day it was installed. However, keep in mind, too much sealer can cause a host of other problems, the most common is whitening.
THE RESEALING TEST: To determine if you need to reseal you concrete, sprinkle water on the concrete surface. If the water is absorbed and makes the surface noticeably darker, the sealer has worn off and resealing the project will restore its original beauty. If the water is not absorbed and beads on the surface, the concrete should still be protected and likely does not require additional resealing.
Concrete ONE YEAR Limited Warranty
Limited Warranty: For one year, commencing from the completion of your project, there will be no “Major Cracking,” “Major Scaling and Spalling” or “Major Popout” due to defective materials or workmanship. For this warranty to be effective, all concrete must be at least 6 bag mix 4000psi, Air Entrained, with the “Euclid Barricade 200 Penetrating Sealer” option, that is provided on all exterior concrete projects. Exterior concrete projects that are not sealed by Preferred Contracting are not covered in our one-year limited warranty.
1. Definitions: “Other exterior concrete” includes patios, sidewalks, and other exterior flat work. “Major Cracking” means cracks wider than ¼ inch that: *in total length, are more than 30% of the length of all of the joints in your driveway or other exterior concrete; or * in any parcel, the total length is more than 30% of the perimeter length of the panel. “Major Scaling and Spalling” means any substantial surface disintegration that occurs at the surface of the driveway or other exterior concrete that covers more than: *20% of the surface area of your driveway or other exterior concrete; or *25% of any panel of your driveway or other exterior concrete. “Major Pop out” means more than 50 conical breakouts per 100 square feet in the concrete surface from fractured pieces of aggregate.
2. Exclusions: This limited warranty does not apply to damage resulting from *abuse of your driveway or other exterior concrete *not any purpose other than residential purposes *fire, flood, earthquake, defective subsurface or other act of God * altering areas near your driveway or other exterior concrete so that drainage or water runoff undermines your driveway or other exterior concrete * the growth of trees (including roots) or plants near your driveway or other exterior concrete * Scaling , spalling or pop outs other than major scaling, spalling or pop outs *Contact between your driveway or other exterior concrete and vehicles, foreign objects, animals or persons (other than contractor) during the 7 day period after your driveway or other exterior concrete is installed *Cracks other than major cracks *discoloration or stains * any settlement or shifting from installation or repair of utility trenches near your driveway or any other exterior concrete at the point where it meets a garage or car port slab. Also, uniformity in the color of a driveway or other exterior concrete may vary within the same pour or when repaired or replaced. This warranty will not guarantee uniformity in color.
A. If you think that your driveway or other exterior concrete has Major Cracking. Major Scaling and Spalling, or Major Pop outs due to defective materials or workmanship, you must notify your Contractor. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY THEM WITHIN 90 DAYS AFTER YOU DISCOVER MAJOR CRACKING, MAJOR SCALING AND SPALLING, OR MAJOR POPOUTS, YOUR LIMITED WARRANTY RELATING TO THAT CONCERN IS VOID.
B. Inspection: Once your Contractor receives notification, your driveway or other exterior concrete will be inspected by your Contractor or representative within 30 days to determine if Major Cracking, Major Scaling and Spalling, or Major Pop out has occurred due to defective materials or workmanship.
C. Repair or Replacement: If Major Cracking, Major Scaling or Spalling or Major Pop out, which is the subject of the notice, occurred within 1 year of the completion date due to defective materials or workmanship, the Major Cracking, Major Scaling or Spalling or Major Pop outs will either be repaired or the damaged part of your driveway or the exterior concrete will be replaced. This will be carried out at no charge to the homeowner. Your Contractor will have the right to choose between repair or replacement.
5. No Other Warranties: There are no other warranties, expressed or implied concerning your driveway or other exterior concrete.
6. Transfer: You may assign this Agreement one time to any purchaser that buys the property on which your driveway or other exterior concrete is located. However, the purchaser that buys the property on which your driveway or other exterior concrete is located will assume this Agreement subject to your prior actions or inactions, and will have no greater rights that you would have had under the Agreement had you not sold the property on which your driveway or other exterior concrete is located.